ARLINGTON, TX – In the true spirit of Hollywood , Donruss presents a sequel to its successful Americana trading card set which tapped into the world of entertainment, politics, sports and pop-culture. Donruss Americana II, released on July 16, includes even more heavy hitters from film, sports, history, classic television and pop culture, to truly capture the flavor of America ’s rich and storied history. Each four-card pack (SRP $40) offers collectors the chance to uncover autographs or memorabilia cards.
The base set features 100 common cards and is deep in star power such as John Wayne, George HW Bush, Buzz Aldrin, Jake LaMotta, Marilyn Monroe, John Cusack, Jackie Chan, Willie Mays and 30 of the hottest new Mixed Martial Arts fighters.
Each of the 100 cards is also presented in a variety of numbered parallel sets, including autographed versions and memorabilia cards featuring a swatch of the star’s clothing. As a result fans can collect up to ten different cards from many of the stars.
Other Donruss Americana II program highlights include:
- Hollywood Legends Card Set: This 25-card set is comprised of Tinseltown’s greatest in the shape of multi-swatch and combo cards. Hollywood legends John Wayne, , Douglas Fairbanks, Burt Lancaster, Gary Cooper, Montgomery Clift, and Judy Garland are all found within the set.
- The Co-Stars Signatures: 15 different cards with less than 50 of each signed by such duos as George HW Bush/Barbara Bush; Burt Reynolds/Angie Dickinson; Married with Children’s Christina Applegate/David Faustino; Kurt Russell/Goldie Hawn; and Different Strokes stars Gary Coleman/Todd Bridges; Hart to Hart’s Robert Wagner/Stefanie Powers.
- Headliners: Autographed cards and memorabilia cards highlighting important accomplishments including George HW Bush (elected President); Buzz Aldrin (Apollo 11); Jake LaMotta (1949 World Champion); Hank Aaron (Home Run King); Willie Mays (4 Home Run game on 4-30-61).
- Stardom Triple Signature series is made-up of five different cards with famous trios such as Batman’s Adam West/Burt Ward/Lee Meriwether; and game show hosts Bob Eubanks/Chuck Woolery/Peter Marshall among others.
- The Hollywood Legends Materials features 25 different cards, numbered 1-500. The set has swatches of clothing from Tinseltown greats John Wayne, Johnny Weismuller, Gary Cooper, and others. (same as above)
- Ring Kings – The first trading cards, autographed cards and memorabilia cards of 30 of the top MMA fighters including: Randy Couture, George St. Pierre, Forrest Griffin, Urijah Faber and Gina Carano.