ALL ABOUT THE HANDBAGS
The fifth annual Handbag Happy Hour will feature celebrity, designer, unique and "previously loved" handbags in live and silent auctions. Here are some examples of what will be available:
• New designer handbags with such labels as Gucci, Bennett Liberty, COACH, Louis Vuitton, Prada and more.
• One-of-a-kind handbags that are handcrafted and/or artist-embellished.
• "Gentlemen Must Haves" such as messenger bags, golf bags, guitar cases, travel/shaving kits, luggage and briefcases.
• Celebrity handbags, with donations received from comedian and actress Phyllis Diller; "The Brady Bunch" matriarch Florence Henderson; Stefanie Powers, who portrayed Jennifer Hart in the 1980s crime drama "Hart to Hart"; and Grammy Award-winning Cuban-American singer and songwriter Gloria Estefan.
• An autographed guitar from Chris Daughtry, "American Idol" contestant and musician.
• A variety of handbags from local news anchors including Patrick Nolan (Fox4), Amy Wegmann (Fox4), Kellie Burns (NBC-2) and Mayela Rosales (Media Vista).
• "Pampered Pets" critter carriers filled with toys, outfits, treats and other goodies for beloved pets.
• "Previously Loved" handbags that are gently used.
IF YOU GO
• What: Handbag Happy Hour 2007 • When: 5:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 • Where: Harborside Event Center, 1375 Monroe St., downtown Fort Myers, FL • Cost: $75 admission includes open bar, hors d'oeuvres and hundreds of handbags to bid on • Theme: It's "Medieval Soiree," with entertainment of the time period. Vintage Emporium, at 1937 Suwanee Ave., Fort Myers, is offering discounts on costumes to Handbag Happy Hour attendees. Call 936-4888. • For the guys: a gentlemen's cigar terrace and bar will offer another diversion. • Information: Register online at icanswfl.org or call (239) 337-2391